Alleviating hardship and trauma for South Australian kids
EMPOWERING. SUPPORTING. LOVING.
WHO WE ARE
WE FOCUS ON PROVIDING KIDS AND THEIR FAMILIES WITH THE BASIC NEEDS TO HELP THEM GET BACK ON TRACK
WHAT WE DO
Treasure Boxes accepts donations of good quality clothing and toys before doing safety checks & quality controls, then redistributing them to children who are placed in emergency care facilities, or those children who may be living and experiencing extreme disadvantage.
We offer care packages to:
- Children in emergency care facilities
- Children in foster care
- Domestic Violence survivors who have been displaced
- Families in accidental crisis situations such as bushfires or family emergencies
- Children with minimal belongings who have been suddenly been rehoused with other relatives (e.g. grandparents) due to their parents’ inability to care for them
- Children and families living with disadvantage
As an NFP, we rely 100% on our volunteers to perform the daily operations of our organisation. They assist in sorting, cleaning and packing donations, as well as all the admin-based support behind the scenes.
To find out how you can help and become a Treasure Boxes volunteer, please click here.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
A BOX OF LOVE FOR THOSE IN NEED
Treasure Boxes provides assistance packages of clothing and toys to children who have been referred to us by external care organisations in South Australia. The boxes consist of approx. 50 – 70 pieces of clothing across all seasons, shoes & age-appropriate toys and books for each child referred.
For more information about what we accept, please click here.
OUR VISION AND MISSION
To reduce the impact of Domestic Violence, homelessness, grief and trauma on children experiencing disadvantage.
Treasure Boxes aims to ease the anxiety, stress and trauma placed on young children and their families affected by hardship. Joining with support agencies throughout Adelaide to meet the material needs of families with babies and young children, we collect, sort and redistribute essential nursery equipment, clothing, books & toys for babies and school children up to the age of 16 years old.
Our Guiding Principles:
- We will work with and support existing social services and maternal health workers
- We will not duplicate the work of these existing social services but endeavour to add value to these services
- We will not profit from the delivery of this service
- We will ensure that the criteria for recipient eligibility is determined by social service agencies and not by Treasure Boxes
- We will adhere to the appropriate Australian safety standards, ensuring that all goods donated are in a good and working condition
- We will work with partners and supporters who share our values and goals
Founder & Chair
Events and Fundraising
Sponsorship & Marketing
Events and Fundraising
Secretary Committee Member
Website Design & Maintenance